ROV Hot Stabs
Developed in conjunction with Shell Offshore, Inc. Detail Design’s dual function hot stabs have become the industry standard for superior versatility, performance and durability. DDI’s hot stabs offer significant advantages over the competition.
DDI’s equipment is in complete compliance with API 17h and ISO 13628-8 Specifications for the design and interface of equipment to be utilized by ROVs. The specifications were actually developed from research performed by Detail Design, Inc. and Shell Offshore, Inc.
DDI manufactures: Male Hot Stabs, Female Hot Stab Receptacles, Blocking and Venting Receptacle Covers, Rigid and Compliant Handle Interfaces, T and Ring Handles and Interface Panels. They also manufacture a standard line of 10,000 and 15,000 psi rated equipment.
In January, 1994, the Deepstar Project carried out extensive comparative testing of DDI’s dual-function hot stab against hot stabs from other leading manufacturers. The Detail Design hot stabs scored consistently higher in overall performance and durability. They require low insertion and retraction forces, even while under pressure; and can achieve higher offset angles than other available designs.
- 15,000 psi rated working pressure
- Engineered from Nitronic and 316 SS materials for long-term durability
- Compliant T- Handle accommodates offset insertion angles up to 32°
- Insertion force of 15-20 lbs. with no offset
- Retraction force of 30 lbs. with no offset
- Accommodates large and small ROV systems 60 lb forced withdrawal at 10,000 psi Light weight design Extensively tested and field proven